What To Expect
- There will be no direct contact with Santa
- All appointments must be booked in advanced – Appointments open one week prior
- To keep Santa and families safe, guests will be asked to sit on a bench inside the bed of the truck, or stand in front for a professional photo opportunity. Please note: photographs on personal devices is not permitted.
What We’re Doing To Keep You Safe
- Guests, staff and Santa will be wearing a mask or facial covering throughout the entire experience (including the photo)
- All staff, including Santa will recieve a temperature check at the start of each shift. All guests are also required to recieve a temperature check before entering
- The Holly Jolly Tree Farm is designed with one-way traffic flow through entrance/exit points, clearly marked waiting areas, minimal touchpoints designated entrance and exit points, clearly marked waiting zones, minimal touch points, temperature checks and numerous hand sanitizing stations
Where will the Santa Set be this Year?
The Holly Jolly Tree Farm is located on the upper level by Hudson’s Bay and H&M. We recommend entering through the South entrance by Crate & Barrel and Sport Chek.
When will it be open?
Santa arrives on Friday, November 13 at 10am. All appointments will open one week in advance. If you have a date in mind – please check back regularly to see current availability.
How are you dealing with COVID-19?
Keeping our staff and guests safe is our main priority. Our safety measures follow Alberta Government and Health official guidelines to reduce the risk of spreading COVID-19.
These measures include:
- Upon arrival, guests will be asked to verbally respond to the COVID-19 ALBERTA HEALTH DAILY CHECKLIST. Temperatures will be checked of all guests prior to entering the Santa queue.
- Hand Sanitizer will be available, and all guest touch points will be cleaned after each use.
- Signage will be noticeable on set to remind customers to physically distance.
- Masks are to be worn while in line and can remain on for the photograph or taken off for the photo, then immediately replaced prior to engaging with Santa.
- Plexiglass barriers will be in place at all check out locations.
Do I need to book an Appointment for my children to see Santa?
Yes. To adhere to the safety guidelines, Santa will be seen by appointment only. Book Now. The set has been relocated and redesigned so that Santa and guests will be extremely safe. Children will be able to see Santa but must always stay with family members.
How many people can be in the photo?
As per government guidelines, a maximum of 50 individuals will be permitted on set, including guests and staff. To adhere to these guidelines, up to six individuals will only be allowed per family group photo.
How do I know if my booking was successful?
You will receive a confirmation email when your booking has been accepted and logged into the appointment schedule. You will also receive either a text message or email to remind you of your appointment.
I have three children, do I book three Appointments?
Appointments are set up per family, so multiple bookings are not necessary.
I am not sure of my schedule. Can I book more than one Appointment?
Due to the limited number of appointments, we kindly ask that you solidify your schedule prior to booking.
What happens if I am late or miss my appointment, can I rebook?
We know Christmas time can be hectic. We ask that you manage your schedule to arrive 15 minutes prior to your appointment. If you are late, we will try our best to accommodate you, time permitting. If you need to reschedule or miss your appointment, you can try to rebook but due to the high demand as we get closer to Christmas, you may not find another suitable time.
How do I check in once I arrive at the Mall?
The Holly Jolly Tree Farm is located on the upper level by Hudson’s Bay and H&M. Upon arrival a Set Host will be at the entrance to greet you and communicate the next steps. Please make sure you arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
Are bathrooms available on set?
The closest public washrooms are located on the lower level next to Old Navy or by Sport Check. In addition, washrooms are also located on the upper level at the Food Court.
Do you have a special time reserved for children on the spectrum?
Sensory Santa is an opportunity for children to visit Santa in a sensory friendly environment. Sensory Santa will be one hour before the mall opens Saturday, Sunday and Monday mornings in the month of November. Please book an appointment for our Sensory-friendly Santa.
Do you have a special time reserved for pets?
Pet Night is an opportunity for pets to have their photo taken with Santa. Pet Nite will be one hour after the mall closes Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evenings in the month of November. Book your appointment for pets and their families here.
How much does the Santa visit cost?
Santa visits are always free. Photo packages start at $23.
Can I take my own Santa Photo with my phone?
Personal photography will not be permitted on the set. Hard copy and digital delivery of photos will be made available for purchase.
Can I talk to someone if I have any other questions?
Absolutely – Please send your query to email@example.com and we will do our very best to get back to you within 24 hours.