Santa will be returning from a safe distance in the Holly Jolly Tree Farm located on the upper level by Hudson’s Bay and H&M.
Book your appointment to take a sensory-friendly photo with Santa in The Holly Jolly Tree Farm. Visiting Santa is part of many families’ holiday traditions, but it can be difficult for children with sensory processing difficulties, due to bright lights, noise, and crowds. A sensory-friendly photo with Santa will be a time for kids to see Santa Claus with Southcentre’s usual holiday music and lights off to provide a quiet, calm and supportive environment for families and children with sensory needs in mind.
- There will be no direct contact with Santa
- All appointments must be booked in advanced – Appointments open one week prior
- Guests, staff and Santa will be wearing a mask or facial covering throughout the entire experience (including the photo)
- All staff, including Santa will receive a temperature check at the start of each shift. All guests are also required to receive a temperature check before entering
- To keep Santa and families safe, guests will be asked to sit on a bench inside the bed of the truck, or stand in front for a professional photo opportunity. Please note: photographs on personal devices is not permitted.
- The Holly Jolly Tree Farm is designed with one-way traffic flow through entrance/exit points, clearly marked waiting areas, minimal touch points designated entrance and exit points, clearly marked waiting zones, minimal touch points, temperature checks and numerous hand sanitizing stations
Please note: The Holly Jolly Tree Farm is a new Santa experience for our Centre and there are additional COVID-19 restrictions in place.